Re: Volta + rehearsal mark?

From: Philip Thomas
Subject: Re: Volta + rehearsal mark?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 11:04:28 +0200

> Subject: Re: Volta + rehearsal mark?
>
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Philip Thomas <address@hidden>
wrote:

>> I realize, of course, that the above is an old post, and it seems that
>> Markus has not been active on the forum for a few years. I came across
>> his post while searching for inspiration in addressing some problems
>> with volta bracket alignment, and I hoped that Markus's attachment might
be useful.
>> However, what follows his signature in the post is a load of
>> apparently meaningless characters. If this means that his attachment
>> has gone with the wind, well that's just the way it is. On the other
>> hand, if there is something elementary that I can do in order to see
>> the attachment, then I would be most grateful to hear about it.

> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 17:37, Christ van Willegen <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Here's the original attachment.
>
> HTH!
>
> Christ van Willegen
> --
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Dear Christ,

I just opened your email and have saved the attachment. I will find out in
the coming hours whether it does indeed help in dealing with the problems
that I'm encountering. But I wanted to say, now, how much I appreciate your
digging it out. I guess you must be the user forum administrator or
something like that, but even with good record keeping it must have taken
quite some effort on your part to find something submitted 6 years ago.

I am a comparative beginner, and I have been amazed at how ready the
LilyPond community is to answer questions, even when asking them displays
ignorance about the documentation. In fact I do try to help myself as much
as I can by researching the documentation and the forum, but there is a
learning curve that one needs to persist in climbing, and I suspect most
people (particularly non-programmer types) need some help from others in
order to succeed. Both you and, of course, Markus Schneider with his
original post (even though I don't know whether he is still an active user),
are generous sources of such help to me.

Have a great weekend. I'll be spending a large part of my weekend polishing
up a special "edition" of a piece for the choir to sing at my baby
grandson's baptism in a few weeks' time. I hope the attachment you sent will
help me to sort out (most particularly) an ugly near-collision between volta
brackets and the key signature, but even if it doesn't work, I already feel
mightily heartened by your kindness. Thank you so much.

Cheers, Philip