Re: Sibelius Software UK office shuts down

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shuts down
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:45:04 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
To: "Joseph Rushton Wakeling" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; "Lilypond-User" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 4:04 AM

It would be nice if someone from the sibelius team came out and gave
some hints about how the .sib format is structured.  We could be of
help by rescuing the years of work many users have stashed away as
.sib files.

(I had a brief look at the file format years ago; the problem is that
they run some sort of compression scheme over their data)

V7 includes MusicXML export, so it's fairly trivial to export a file from Sibelius and import it into another program.

--
Phil Holmes