Re: LC_PAPER and default paper size

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: LC_PAPER and default paper size
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:55:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Pavel Roskin wrote:

Quoting David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

What is wrong with specifying the paper size you want in the \paper
block?

I want to make the scores available to everybody. I want users across the world to be able to find the music, create the PDF and print it with no problems on the paper they have.

I live in a "a4 country".
I always try to set the borders in my scores wide enough so that at least everything will be readable on both A4 and Letter pages, even though the score has been created and tested for a4 paper.

QUESTION:

This reminds of a question I have had for some time: I would like - for testing purposes - draw/print a box exactly around the page borders of my score. This way I want to be able to preview what a page would look like for example on a5 paper, or on iPad or Postcard dimensions, even if I print it on a4 paper. Can this be achieved with some lilypond/scheme magick ?

--

MT