Re: mac lion

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: mac lion
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:57:21 -0700

fabio gabbianelli <address@hidden> writes:

> anyone knows if lilypond 2.16 or 2.17 works with osx 10.7? it could work
> through "jEdit" ?

I don't see any news about a version of LilyPondTool for 2.16 or
later. But maybe I just wasn't paying attention. (LilyPondTool is the
best way to use jEdit with Lilypond). Its latest version appears to be
2.14. I have used LilyPondTool, and it is very good.

If you already use jEdit for a lot of other things, you might want to
wait for a new version of LilyPondTool. But if you don't use jEdit for
your other work, then you can also try Frescobaldi. It is (in my
opinion) just as good or maybe even better, and has a newer version available.

Both of these projects are listed at
http://lilypond.org/easier-editing.html .

--
David R