Re: Chordname collisions

From: Curt
Subject: Re: Chordname collisions
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 01:09:51 -0700

For what it's worth, jazz lead sheets commonly portray this as putting the b9 on top of the #5, both inside larger parentheses.  (I was notating this exact chord quality tonight, image from source pdf pasted below.)  I'm not sure how to accomplish those large parentheses with \markup, but if that's solvable, you could always customize the chord symbol as shown in this snippet:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=517

It would be some markup after this:
<c e gs bf df'>1-\markup { ... }