Re: interaction of duration-log=0, flags, and slurs (bug?)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: interaction of duration-log=0, flags, and slurs (bug?)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 04:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

Kevin Patrick Barry <barryk2 <at> tcd.ie> writes:

> I guess there is some kind of odd interaction between flags and
> slurred whole notes.  I know these are not things you typically find
> together, but I am trying to put a whole note into the note column of
> an eighth note, and it has a slur.

This is certainly a (new) bug and you made a perfect example so I'll add
it to the bug-tracker right away.

Version 2.14 does not have the bug, so you might want to use that a while
longer.

The simplest way to print a whole note, spaced as if it was an eighth-note, is
   c1*1/8
That doesn't give you a flag, but maybe you don't print the flag for
a Schenker graph.

People override LilyPond in lots of ways so somebody else probably can say
just what you need to do if you give the details.