slashSeparator-question

From: Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: slashSeparator-question
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:33:41 +0200

Hi Everyone,

in my scores I usually use the command: system-separator-markup =
\slashSeparator
within the /paper-block. Sometimes at the same time I want very narrow
distances between staves (system-system-spacing). After searching the manuals I
couldn't find an answer to two questions concerning this symbol. I read there,
that I can use any /markup-block for system-separator-markup but:

1. Sometimes the slashSeparator comes very close to the bar-numbering of the
first staff. Is it possible to pad the slashSeparator in any way. For that I
would - as I understand it - have to know the context in which the symbol is
set.

2. I can not change the size (I would like for it to be larger) of the symbol.
If I am not mistaken I would need a possibility to directly name the glyph. But
I can't find a hint, where the gylph comes form (what font, maybe a
glyph-name). Can anyone point me to that information?

Maybe I searched for the wrong keywords or didn't understand the manual. Any
tip is very welcome!…

This sample is showing the problem a little drastically

\version "2.17.2"

\header {
}

\score {
        \new Voice {
                \repeat unfold 16 {
                        c'4 c' c' c' |

\paper {
system-separator-markup = \slashSeparator
system-system-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 7.5)
       (minimum-distance . 0)
       (padding . 0.5))