Re: polymeters and linebreaks

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: polymeters and linebreaks
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:29:13 +0200

Peter O'Doherty <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> Can someone please help me with this piece of code? I'm trying to
> create measures with polymeters but the line breaking isn't working,
> and generally the result is a complete mess. The full code is in the
> attachment.

The result is a complete mess since the input is a complete mess.  Try
using 2.16 and placing the following code in front of your file:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists
    #(make-engraver
      (acknowledgers
       ((note-head-interface engraver grob source)
        (let* ((now (ly:moment-main
                     (ly:context-property
                      (ly:translator-context engraver)
                      'measurePosition 0)))
               (g (ly:engraver-make-grob engraver 'TextScript grob)))
         (ly:grob-set-property! g 'text
          #{ \markup \fontsize #-3 #(format #f "~a" now)
             #})))))

It should make it easier to figure out where you go wrong.

--
David Kastrup