Re: lilypond-book

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:44:40 +0200

Michael Dykes <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:
>

>> "The Doctor (Michael D)" <thedoctor81877 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I get the attached file after trying it out.
>>
>> However, when I used lilypond-book first *without* option --pdf, and
>> then corrected my mistake by using --pdf afterwards, lilypond-book was
>> of the opinion that nothing needed to be regenerated.  I had to delete
>> the 78 directory with the generated files in it before rerunning
>> lilypond-book --pdf again.
>>
>> Perhaps you have remnants from such a faulty run as well blocking your
>> directory?
>>

> I am not quite sure I am understanding you.
>
> I tried running lilypond book without the pdf option, deleted the 78 folder,
> then ran lilypond book with the pdf option, and then ran pdflatex - but
> encountered undefined control sequence errors. How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks a lot!!!

Please keep the conversation on-list so that people know what happened
with this issue.  It would appear from the private mail you sent me that
you got this problem under control.

As to your question regarding the avoidance of small files, the "Using
LilyPond" guide has the following option listed for lilypond-book:

`-o DIR'
`--output=DIR'
     Place generated files in directory DIR.  Running `lilypond-book'
     generates lots of small files that LilyPond will process.  To
     avoid all that garbage in the source directory, use the `--output'
     command line option, and change to that directory before running
     `latex' or `makeinfo'.

     lilypond-book --output=out yourfile.lytex
     cd out

That's not totally fabulous, but easier to clean up than if you are not
using this option.

--
David Kastrup