Re: documentation download?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: documentation download?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:50:45 +1100

On 12/10/12 07:35, Graham Percival wrote:
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 07:04:04AM +1100, Nick Payne wrote:
On 11/10/12 23:18, Eluze wrote:
if you have good ideas how to
design this page better and make it more informative you are welcome
to send them as an enhancement request to the bug list!
With previous versions, the downloadable PDFs could be accessed directly
from the web page http://lilypond.org/manuals.html, but this is no
longer the case.
I cannot recall the pdfs ever being on manuals.html, and a quick
check of
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/web/manuals
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web/manuals
suggests that my memory is not flawed.  Are you thinking of the
doc tarball at
http://lilypond.org/all.html
?

oh, maybe you're thinking of the development page?
http://lilypond.org/development.html

Yes, it must be the development doc page I'm thinking of. I guess people get used to the layout of that page during the releases of the development versions, and then get taken aback when the release version comes along and the layout is different. I'm also someone who downloads the PDF manuals and uses them, and when 2.16 was released it took me a while to figure out how to get to the PDF manuals (it's not at all obvious from the page http://lilypond.org/manuals.html that you have to click on the "details of Notation" or "details of Usage" links in order to access them).

Nick