Re: repeat unfold evaluated each time

From: Jean-Alexis Montignies
Subject: Re: repeat unfold evaluated each time
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:23:06 +0200

On 12 oct. 2012, at 17:27, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Is there a way to force lilypond to evaluate the repeated music each
>> time?
>
> No.
>
>> Should I write my own repeat function?
>
> Won't help as arguments are evaluated before a function is being called.
> The best you can do is writing a function that does not receive a music
> expression but rather a music function as its argument and then
> repeatedly call it.  Or just let randomNote take a count as argument.
>
>> Or is the only way is really to have a scheme function returning a
>> list of notes?
>
> That's easier.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Thanks,

Ok, I feel that creating the notes using standard lilypond notation then
randomize them would be a more flexible approach.

1) creates the notes with a custom property (or may be I could use an existing
one, but I did not see a place for such custom use, or I could use \tag but I
would prefer not to get in the way of other features)
2) once the music is parsed, call a transform function which will enumerate the
events and replace or alter the marked notes.

Can I add arbitrary properties to an event?
Would this work (I think so)? Is it safe? pertinent?

Jean-Alexis