RE: Bar numbers for broken measures

From: Daniel Rosen
Subject: RE: Bar numbers for broken measures
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 19:32:40 +0000

Here's what I ended up using, and it works fine:

\version "2.16.0"

\relative c' {
  \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(lambda (bar-number measure-position) #t)
  \time 4/4
  \repeat volta 2 {
    c d e
  }
  \break f | g a b
}

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

This is essentially Mark's solution, except that (a) I didn't use the \once
command, and (b) I didn't have to adjust the barNumberFormatter property
because the parentheses appeared by default.

I have absolutely no programming experience and don't understand Scheme at all,
so I never would have figured out this syntax by myself; perhaps it should be
included in the NR somewhere?

DR