last time around for remove bar numbers won't upgrade.

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: last time around for remove bar numbers won't upgrade.
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:50:17 -0700

David-
When I tried to use the solutions suggested nothing happened, no log report nada.  That's what I mean by ground to a halt.  Therefore I can't tell you what happened because I have no information.  As for what I meant by I expected putting \remove "Bar_number_engraver" with \remove "Bar_engraver" etc I mean that I put it with them and nothing changed.
I just today found a page 368(?) which shows possibly what Toine did mean and to me that does not look at all like putting it with the other \remove instructions.  Just to make sure that I'm not totally making a fool of myself (I've already done enough damage I suspect with this whole morass) I looked over the relevant parts of 2.16 manual and I'm not doing anything in this piece that looks totally wrong.--- to me.

\version "2.14.1"
\header {
title = "persian music"
subtitle = "Dastgah-e Homayun #41"
composer = "trad"
copyright = \markup { \tiny \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.5)
\center-column
{ "CC lic 2.5 some rights reserved Jay Hamilton 2012"
"see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/"
} }
}
#(ly:set-option 'delete-intermediate-files #t)
#(set-default-paper-size "letter" 'landscape)
#(set-global-staff-size 30)
\paper
{
indent = 30
short-indent = 15
right-margin = 30
top-margin = 15
bottom-margin = 15
}

melody = \relative c
{
\clef bass
\key c \major
\time 14/8
\override Staff.TimeSignature #' style = #' ()
\override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible
#(set-accidental-style 'forget)
\partial 16
des'16 c8 [des] c [des] c [des] c des2 r8
des16. (c32) des16 c \break
\time 10/8
b16 [c des] c32 [des c des] c [des c des]
b [c b c b c b c] b16 c2 \break
\time 33/16
\autoBeamOff
c16 [b aes g] aes8 [g] aes [g] aes [g] aes [aes] g4 r g16 [aes b c] des \break
\time 35/16
c4 (b16) des c4 (b16) c [des] c [des8 (e16)] des8. ([c16])
c8.([b16]) c2 r8 \break
\time 22/8
c16 [des e] e2 c8 [des e] c [des e] c [des e]
des16 [e des] e8.-> ([f16]) e8.-> ([f16])
e8.-> (f16) \break
\time 33/16
e16 [des c] des8.-> ([e16]) des8.-> ([e16]) des8.-> ([e16])
des16 [c des] e8.-> ([f16]) e8.-> ([f16]) e8.-> ([f16])
e16 [des e] \break
\time 17/8
f8.-> ([g16]) f8.-> ([g16]) f8.-> ([g16]) f16 [e des]
e8.-> ([f16]) e8.-> ([f16]) e8.-> (f16)
e16 [des c] des8.-> ([e16]) \break
\time 17/8
des8.-> ([e16]) des8.-> ([e16]) des[c b c] b2 des16 c2
e16 [des des c c] \break
\time 15/8
des16 [c c b] b4. des c4 (des16) b c2
\bar "|."
}

\score {
\new Staff \melody }
\layout {
\context {
\Staff
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
\remove "Bar_engraver"
 \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
\midi { }
 }

So have at it.
It doesn't take the bar numbers off on my side of the internet.

As for upgrading, I feel now hesitantly remorseful for opening this can of worms.  I can say that I worked on the education notation documentation years ago and within 6 months what was in the docs had none of my effort, all of it had been changed a lot.

And trying to convert from 2.10.25 --to=2.12.2 was a miserable failure and I was glad that I had pdf-s for those pieces because the results didn't work.

So what I did when 2.14 came along is that I finished all my current work in 2.12 and then began fresh with 2.14  which is probably what I will do after my opera is finalized (at more currently more than 350 pages in 2nd draft I'm not willing to mess with it ).

And though it sounds rough in type/emails sometimes I do think just pointing towards the place in the manual might be a formula to be 'generally' followed because often then the question can get more technical.

Thanks to everyone sorry to get you all so sidetracked.
Jay