Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 119, Issue 90

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 119, Issue 90
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 01:13:08 +0200

2012/10/26 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
> Harm,
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Hi David (N),
>>
>> I think the draw-dashed-line-command is worth putting into the source.
>> If you agree, I will turn it into a patch the next days.
>
> Unbelievable.  You must have sent this when I was writing the same
> thing in the answer to the other thread :)

:D

2012/10/26 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
[...]
> Also: rather than simply translating the dashed-line stencil command,
> it might be nice to ensure that you can't get that ugly dot at the end
> of the line or having it end with a space.when you haven't guessed the
> right on/off combination,

Well, perhaps I'm lazy, but I'd let it to the user finding appropriate values.

Currently the TextSpanner uses 'dashed-line as a style-property.
If I force strange 'dash-period-'dash-fraction-values the out put will
be bad, too:

\relative c'' {
        \override TextSpanner #'style = #'dashed-line
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) =
    \markup { \draw-line #'(0 . 1) }
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right text) =
    \markup { \draw-line #'(0 . 1) }

  \override TextSpanner #'dash-period = #8
  \override TextSpanner #'dash-fraction = #0.5

  a4 \startTextSpan
  b4 c
  a4 \stopTextSpan
}

Once the patch is on Rietveld, it will be reviewed, so let's see what happens.

Regards,
  Harm