One staff, two voices

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: One staff, two voices
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 18:57:27 -0700

Fellow Users:

I am encoding a three part fugue (Bach). Two of the voices should be in the treble staff. The instructions in the on-line manual were followed (1.5.2 Multiple Voices Explicitly instantiating voices).

When I enter code in { \voiceTwo } the notes are just appended wherever voice one stopped (I use Frescobaldi). I have checked the instructions several times. I must still be missing something.

To save space I have attached the code as a Lilypond file and as a Word file.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark Stephen Mrotek