Re: Nearly there

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Nearly there
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 09:39:13 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh, and please post *all* replies and questions to the whole list -
> you'll get answers more quickly.  For example, i just went to sleep
> when you sent your message.
> There's absolutely no guarantee that privately sent emails will be
> answered - some people are very busy and only check their lilypond
> mail once in a few days.

In my case, when I recognize a LilyPond mail sent in private, its
urgency gets downgraded four notches since an answer will only benefit a
single person and leave the list in the dark with regard to how to
tackle a problem.  Half of the time, this downgrade in urgency means
that I'll never get around to answering at all before it seems quite
pointless, so I end up just deleting the mail eventually.

--
David Kastrup