Re: Lilypond cheat sheat

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Lilypond cheat sheat
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 01:25:16 +0100

On 2012-11-06 23:14, Noeck wrote:
many years ago I made a cheat sheet for Lilypond, because I couldn't
remember all the syntax by heart. Now, after having used Lilypond for
some years and after reading the notation reference again, I've made an
updated version, which might be helpful for other users, too. It
requires a basic knowledge of Lilypond and aims at putting as much
information as possible on one page.

Wow, amazing. And incredible how much information you can cram onto one single page!

And thanks for sharing it with us.

BTW, I wrote a similar cheat sheet a while ago, but aiming at new users, so I didn't try to get everything on the page. The code (latex and lilypond) is under a CC license, too:

http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/en/lilypond/details/2111/
https://gitorious.org/lilypond-cheatsheet
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/44506/

I think both cheat sheets nicely complement each other. Mine tries to be easy to understand to new users and show them the most important things, while yours is for advanced users and tries to give as much information as possible.

Cheers,
Reinhold
Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886