Re: impossible de demarrer lilypond-windows.exe

From: soundsfromsound
Subject: Re: impossible de demarrer lilypond-windows.exe
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:22:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello Gilles,

I hope I understood your message correctly, as I had to use Google Translate
to convert it to English.

This is what I got:

"Hello
with Bootcamp, I work under Windows 7 pro. I can work in
Lilypond by Martial who introduced me to Lilypond. Could no longer the
reach, I try to run frescobaldi 2.0.8.
Here's the problem I encounter.
When I run the command I fragment analysis test. ly with ctrl +
M, the following message appears : Start lilypond-2.16.0 windows.exe
[Untitled] ... Unable to start lilypond-windows.exe. Verify the location and
permissions. I do not understand what to do. One of of you would have a bit
of time to respond and unlock this situation lasts for a month? Thank you.
Gilles

I too had this problem when using Windows 7 and again with Windows 8.  The
way I fixed it was by simply running LilyPond as administrator, and
Frescobaldi as administrator.  Then, make sure you have permissions to
read/write to the directory/path in which the program and files are located.
After that, you should be all set :)

Let me know if that works, or if you have any more questions!

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer