Re: Lilypond cheat sheat

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Lilypond cheat sheat
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 22:30:58 +0100

Am 07.11.2012 01:25, schrieb Reinhold Kainhofer:
> On 2012-11-06 23:14, Noeck wrote:
>> many years ago I made a cheat sheet for Lilypond, because I couldn't
>> remember all the syntax by heart. Now, after having used Lilypond for
>> some years and after reading the notation reference again, I've made an
>> updated version, which might be helpful for other users, too. It
>> requires a basic knowledge of Lilypond and aims at putting as much
>> information as possible on one page.
>
> Wow, amazing. And incredible how much information you can cram onto one
> single page!
>
> And thanks for sharing it with us.
>

> BTW, I wrote a similar cheat sheet a while ago, but aiming at new users,
> so I didn't try to get everything on the page. The code (latex and
> lilypond) is under a CC license, too:
>
> http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/en/lilypond/details/2111/
> https://gitorious.org/lilypond-cheatsheet
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/44506/
>

> I think both cheat sheets nicely complement each other. Mine tries to be
> easy to understand to new users and show them the most important things,
> while yours is for advanced users and tries to give as much information
> as possible.
>
> Cheers,
> Reinhold

I have seen your cheat sheet before and it is a very good help and
introduction to LilyPond. (I haven't found the pdf before, and with your
first link I get a 404 error.)

I am impressed, that it is done with LaTeX! That makes it easier to
update, but definitely needs some extra layout skills, that I
don't have in LaTeX.

You're right that the two are complementing each other. I hope that
LilyPond will attract many new users and hopefully our cheat sheets will
be helpful to them (as they are for me).

Cheers,
Joram