Re: convert-ly not handling footnotes correctly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: convert-ly not handling footnotes correctly
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:48:22 +0100

Nick Payne <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, I changed the source to get the file to build correctly. I was
> just pointing out that convert-ly should spit out a message to the
> effect that a manual change is needed, as it does for other changes
> that aren't handled automatically.

Unfortunately, this is not easy to do automatically since there are
valid uses of footnote as an articulation, and even then, an
articulation is not easy to spot reliably.  I don't really know a really
good strategy here.

Maybe one should just warn for _any_ [-^_]\\footnote encountered by
convert-ly in the respective conversion step.

It is, however, worth noting that footnotes were becoming usable only in
the 2.15 release series and documented only in 2.15.21, so the
probability of stable version users getting bitten by this are not high.

--
David Kastrup