Re: \repeat volta

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: \repeat volta
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:42:20 -0800 (PST)

MING TSANG wrote
> Hi, lily user,
>
> The following lily code did not produce \bar"|:" at the beginning.
>

> \version "2.17.7"
> \relative c' {
> \key c \major \time 6/8
> \bar"||:"  \repeat volta 2 {c4 e4. g8 | e8( d8) d4 r8 c8 | c4 e4. g8 | e2
> r8 d8 |
>
> } \alternative {{ c2. d2. } {d2. d2.}}  e4 e8 f4 f8 \bar"|."
> }
>
> The output is attached.
>
> Blessing in+,

If you really must insert a repeat at the beginning, you can use this
snippet from the documentation:
_______
Printing a repeat sign at the beginning of a piece

A |: bar line can be printed at the beginning of a piece, by overriding the
relevant property:

\relative c'' {
  \once \override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders =
        #(make-vector 3 '(instrument-name
                          left-edge
                          ambitus
                          span-bar
                          breathing-sign
                          clef
                          key-signature
                          time-signature
                          staff-bar
                          custos
                          span-bar))
  \bar "|:"
  c1
  d1
  d4 e f g
}
_______

At least, I think you can still do this - I know you could in previous
versions of LilyPond.

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer