Re: new user--Glissando question

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: new user--Glissando question
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:39:39 -0800 (PST)

Bill Restemeyer wrote
> Hello!  I'm trying to use LilyPond to score music for Harp and have a
> question about continuous glissandos.  There are measures in this piece
> (4/4) where each quarter note is the beginning and the end of a glissando
> (well, except the first).  After doing this for a while, this pattern
> stops and each quarter note begins a "contemporary" glissando (no ending
> note).  My problem is conecting these two with another glissando.  To
> create the "contemporary" glissando, I break into two voices, so the
> question is how to connect the last Bb quarter note to the following F
> quarter note (all in the left hand).

no idea if I understood correctly, but in any case I would keep the "real"
music together (in one voice) and try to put "excessive" ornamentations or
indications in another voice - here is what I'd try:

\context Staff <<
  \new Voice  {
    \voiceOne
    c'4 \glissando c'' \glissando  e' \glissando  c'' \glissando
    c'4 \glissando c'' \glissando  e' \glissando  c''
  }
  \new Voice  {
    \voiceTwo
    \autoBeamOff
    \override Glissando.color = #magenta
    \override Glissando.style = #'zigzag
    s1 \hideNotes
    c'8 \glissando c'' c'' \glissando c''' e' \glissando e'' c'' \glissando
c'''
  }

does this help!?

Eluze