Re: Aligning Text Above (and Below) Notes

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Aligning Text Above (and Below) Notes
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 01:23:28 -0800 (PST)

Eric Pancer wrote
>> either put these indications in a supplemental (Lyric) staff (staves) or
>> add
>> some padding:
>
> Would I use a \ChoirStaff for it, with drum notation?

here's a simplified example:

quintosoloA = \drummode {
  sn8 sn sn r8
  sn sn sn  r8
  sn sn sn  r8
  sn sn sn  r8
  sn sn sn  r8
  r8 r4.
}
quintosoloATextAbove = \lyricmode {
  m m m
  m m m
  m m m
  m m m
  m m m
}
quintosoloATextBelow = \lyricmode {
  R L R
  R L R
  R L R
  R L R
  R L R
}
% layout the score
\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new DrumStaff = soloA \with { fontSize = #-2 } <<
        \repeat volta 2 {
          \time 6/8
          \set Staff.instrumentName = #"quinto"
          \new DrumVoice = soloA \with { fontSize = #-2 }
          {
            \quintosoloA % \quintosoloB
        \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = soloA } \lyricsto soloA
\quintosoloATextAbove
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto soloA \quintosoloATextBelow

}

hope you can adapt it

Eluze