Re: Unexpected side-effect of articulate.ly on aftergrace

From: Olivier Biot
Subject: Re: Unexpected side-effect of articulate.ly on aftergrace
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 00:05:06 +0100

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
Il 07/12/2012 00:18, Olivier Biot ha scritto:
Dear LilyPond users,

I just came across a weird interaction between articulate.ly
<http://articulate.ly> and aftergrace.

If I include "articulate.ly <http://articulate.ly>" then beamed

aftergrace notes have a tenuto articulation and are not rendered
smaller, even though I never called the \articulate macro.

Yes, confirmed.

Thank you for confirming this.

Is there a known fix for this problem?

Placing the include after notes and just before using \articulate, as you've found out :)
You may have share it in this thread to help others.

The documentation page about Articulate should be improved, there's an open issue:

I'll ask to add some information about this problem.

Thank you Federico!

The problem I have, is that I am rendering the score AND the MIDI output from 60 etudes stored in 60 individual files included from the master file. I only include "articulate.ly" once when I build the entire etude book. So the proposed fix will not work in my case :(

Best regards,

Olivier