Re: Lilypond in Mac OS X Terminal

From: Eric Pancer
Subject: Re: Lilypond in Mac OS X Terminal
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:16:58 -0600

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> The libexec route appears to cater for all of that.  We should use bin
> just for executables supposed to be entry points of LilyPond.

Please, no!

>From man 1 hier

[..]
                  libexec/  system daemons & system utilities (executed by
                             other programs)

vs.

[..]
                 local/    executables, libraries, etc. not included by the
                             basic operating system

and..

[..]
  /usr/         contains the majority of user utilities and applications
                   bin/      common utilities, programming tools, and
applications