Re: \crossStaff and \stemDown

From: ornello
Subject: Re: \crossStaff and \stemDown
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 04:39:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi Eluze,

thanks for your reply.

Eluze wrote
> well - I think originally the idea was to display chords over two staves
> (and nothing more)!

That is what I want to do, but with stems down. Stems up seem to work well.
I have tried with the documentation sample, but same problem:

\layout {
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    \consists #Span_stem_engraver

{
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \stemDown
      \crossStaff {*4 r d'16\> e'8. g8} r\!
      e'8 f' g'4 e'2
    }
    \new Staff {
      \clef bass
      \voiceOne
      \stemDown
      \autoBeamOff
      <e g>4 e, g16 a8. c8 d
      \autoBeamOn
      g8 f g4 c2

I don't see a reason why it should not work with stems down, the solution
might be symmetrical. But I have to check the coding to see how it is
implemented. I'll send a bug/feature request report for this.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway...

Dominik