RE: Harmonic Analysis

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Harmonic Analysis
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:01:57 -0800

Mr. Kastrup:

Following your suggestion, the code for "/rN.ly" was included in the coding
of the piece for which I was doing the harmonic analysis. It work easily.
And its inclusion brought up two additional questions. I wanted to query the
contributor, "MS," yet the e-mail address was withheld.

1. Since the symbols are connected, by Lyric mode, to the pitches in the
bass, how can harmonies that change without a change in the bass be
identified, e.g., another voice moves to create a "7th?"
2. Sometimes the bass moves yet the harmony does not, e.g., bass has a
"passing" tone. How can a "blank" be put in under that pitch?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark Stephen Mrotek