Improving alignment of pedal marks

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Improving alignment of pedal marks
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 23:04:40 +0100

Thanks to Phil Holmes’ suggestion to learn move about using explicit voices I resolved one of my major problems with the piece I'm working on. Thanks much.

The second problem remains. How can I improve the vertical alignment of pedal marks? The piece I am working on has a lot of situations like the following:

I know that this is acceptable at some level, but it would look MUCH nicer (neater and more intentional) if all of the pedal marks were vertically aligned rather than arrayed here and there to avoid other objects. I realize that not everyone would want this and that for many pieces it would be needed, but for the one I'm working on if all the pedal brackets lined up (at least within a row), it would be a marked improvement, especially as this piece is already quite visually noisy.

Best,

Arle