Re: A question of list etiquette and images. (Was Re: Short stems)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: A question of list etiquette and images. (Was Re: Short stems)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:08:11 +0100

2012/12/18 Arle Lommel <address@hidden>:
> First off, thanks very much, Harm, for taking the time to review my issue and
> provide a detailed response, despite the complaint about images. I will work
> with it and see how it works out.

Hi Arle,

let me express my apology having been impolite again.

> Given that, does anyone have any suggestions to how behave nicely for list
> members like Harm when images are involved? Sometimes graphics are needed,
> and from a user perspective being able to say "like this" is very useful.
> Surely if Harm is not alone in filtering them out, I am also not alone in
> using current mail clients that don't make the distinction Harm wants me to
> make. I'm surely not the only one for whom "DON'T POST INLINE-IMAGES! Attach
> them!” is a dictum that cannot be complied with because it is not a
> meaningful one in our software.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Arle

In the past there were some other mails with inline-images, but not
mentioning them in the text.
So I've never known what the text is about.

Well, you could say that's _my_ problem and you would be right.
I'd suggest to give a hint that there is sth, though.

image1: <what-ever-image>
would be nice.

Regards,
  Harm