Trill and nonstandard expressive mark

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Trill and nonstandard expressive mark
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 19:15:57 -0500

Greetings all,

    Can someone explain to me how to create a upprall trill spanner.
I tried using a text spanner like this
\relative c'' {
  \set crescendoText = \markup {  \musicglyph #"scripts.upprall" }
  \set crescendoSpanner = #'text
  \override DynamicTextSpanner #'style = #'trill
  a2\< a2 a2 }

which is not right since the up prall and the trill line do not join.
And really would be a kludge anyway since it ought to go as a regular
trill spanner. One would have to suppress the tr. and insert the up
prall in its place and I only ever get so far with extra fun
programming.

The other question is purely musical. I have been working on a second
half 18th or early 19th century piece (prior to 1822) and keep running
across the dynamic marking "pf." I was wondering if anyone else has
seen the "pf" marking in a piano score. Presumably it means
"pianoforte", a reverse \fp, but it could be a mistake on the
engravers part or less likely some obscure indication for a non
standard pedal do-dad we no longer have? Anyway it is a bit strange.

Shane