Re: dynamics seperatate from the notes entry

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: dynamics seperatate from the notes entry
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:36:25 +0100

On 31 December 2012 15:22, Karl Hammar <address@hidden> wrote:
>  How do I merge Ds and Ms below so it will behave as if I wrote the
> dynamics together with the notes?
>
> (snip)
>
> If I use << \Ms \\ \Ds >> the dynamics will come out to the left
> (compared to the in the notes version), probably since the dynamics
> are centered under the notes and a skip doesn't have a width (?).

Hi,

<< \Ms \Ds >>  % without the "\\"
will behave as if you wrote the dynamics together with the notes.

Which version are you using?
There used to be an issue that made dynamics attached to spacer rests
come out to the left (compared to attached directly to the notes),
but it has been fixed in LilyPond version 2.15.24.

Since current stable version is 2.16.1, you should not have
encountered this issue, unless you are using a very old version.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>