re:png export width

From: Kevin Patrick Barry
Subject: re:png export width
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 13:05:02 +0000

Dear Eluze,

Thank you for taking time to look into this.  I put an example at the end of this message.  I made it as small as I could.  When I convert to .png (eps backend) at 1200dpi it produces an image that is 4817 pixels wide instead of the desired 4800.  I was able to produce the problem both on Ubuntu 12.10 with LilyPond version 2.16.1 and on Windows 8, but only with 2.16.0.  Upgrading LilyPond on Windows to 2.16.1 fixed the problem (this must be why you could not reproduce it).

Since there are no margins in the example I have to be careful to remove elements that LilyPond normally places outside of the normal line-width (brackets or bar numbers for example - LilyPond will place these off the 4-inch page, but they will still appear in the .png, making it wider) but there are no such elements in the following example that I can see.

\version "2.16"

\paper {

paper-width = 4\in

left-margin = 0

right-margin = 0

}

\relative c' {

c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c

}

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I can't reproduce it with 2.16.1 (on windows)

can you send a tiny example - including your style code and the LilyPond
code - producing this?

thanks
Eluze