Re: png export width

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: png export width
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:39:47 +0100

On 2-1-2013 15:37, Eluze wrote:
Kevin Patrick Barry wrote
Dear Eluze,
   I was able to produce the problem both on
Ubuntu 12.10 with LilyPond version 2.16.1 and on Windows 8, but only with
2.16.0.  Upgrading LilyPond on Windows to 2.16.1 fixed the problem (this
must be why you could not reproduce it).

Since there are no margins in the example I have to be careful to remove
elements that LilyPond normally places outside of the normal line-width
(brackets or bar numbers for example - LilyPond will place these off the
4-inch page, but they will still appear in the .png, making it wider) but
there are no such elements in the following example that I can see.

\version "2.16"

\paper {

paper-width = 4\in

left-margin = 0

right-margin = 0

}

\relative c' {

c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c

}
I still cannot reproduce this phenomenon - even with 2.16.0.

did you try adding the line-width = 4\in ?

how do you start lilypond? from a command line, from an editing tool, …?

Eluze

Eluze,
I can at least reproduce this using the supplied snippet and Lilypond 2.16.0 on Windows 7 x64 (started by an ant-build-script from Netbeans which scans for files .ly files starting with a given base-name:

    <target name="singlePNG" depends="setSingleFileBaseName">
        <apply executable="${lilyExec}" dir="${working}">
            <arg value="-fpng" />
            <arg value="-dresolution=1200" />
            <arg value="-dbackend=eps" />
            <fileset dir="${src}" includes="**/${baseFile}.ly"/>
        </apply>
    </target>

In the front of the ant build-file
${src} is set to represent the root-folder of my project containing lilypond files ${working} is set to an output-folder in my project containing lilypond files ${lilyExec} is set to the lilypond.exe installed by Lilypond 2.16.0-1.mingw.exe from the Lilypond.org archive

So in essence it's the same as saving the snippet as samplefile.ly and running
lilypond -fpng -dresolution=1200 -dbackend=eps samplefile.ly
from a command prompt

At first I thought it might be caused by the version-footer of lilypond being too wide, so I added
oddHeaderMarkup = ##f
to the paper specification given, but that still yields a 4817px wide PNG

regards,
Hans Aikema