Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:37:17 +0100

Am 09.01.2013 10:01, schrieb Alexander Kobel:
On 01/08/2013 12:23 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 07.01.2013 10:14, schrieb Urs Liska:
Dear community,

I'd like to collect some suggestion for a replacement font for Century
Schoolbook.

Hi all,

thank you for your diverse suggestions. [...]
But I'd still be pleased by further suggestions.

Hi Urs,

I've got one more hint, namely one I already gave to Jan-Peter Voigt about a year ago (at <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-11/msg00316.html>, partially German, then later pushed back to the list):
If you can, I also highly recommend that you get a cheap old version
of the CorelDRAW suite (v6 or higher, I think, but just search the web
to find out) on eBay or the like.
It comes with a collection of about a thousand font variants,
I actually have CorelDraw9 with a fonts folder with 1.111 (no kidding) entries. But my main concern isn't to find a good font (in terms of usability and quality) for my own use at all (I am extremely pleased with my Minion Pro and wouldn't need to change at all), but to find a font that is - free (in order to be used in Free Documentation and as a public suggestion) and
- multilingual (for the same reason)

Best
Urs

Best,