Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 21:25:05 +0100

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> You will want someone who is sensitive to Cyrillic to Latin and who
>> can manage the difficulties of the dense use of diacritics in Czech
>> set which are significant.  Is Polish relevant?
>
> Interestingly, no.  There aren't any Polish operas or famous
> `classical' songs I'm aware of.

?!  How are we supposed to typeset Frédéric Chopin's songs written to
polish lyrics, then?  Or Moniuszko's operas?
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Moniuszko#Operas]

As a Pole i feel seriously discriminated - after all, isn't LilyPond
supposed to provide "music notation for _everyone_"?
It seems as if you thought that polish people don't write their own music...
Of course i'm sure that it wasn't your intention to offend me, Werner,
but nevertheless i feel quite disregarded. :-/

best wishes,
Janek

PS unfortunately i still don't have time to return to lily
development... i'm just reading this thread because Urs mentioned this
idea to me.