Re: Fingering output change 2.17.9 -> 2.17.10

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Fingering output change 2.17.9 -> 2.17.10
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 06:20:32 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Payne <nick.payne <at> internode.on.net> writes:

> To indicate guide fingering I've been using the code below. In 2.17.10,
> the fingering with guide is placed above the stem even though
> Fingering.add-stem-support = ##f. In 2.17.9 and earlier it was placed at
> the same height as normal fingering.

Mike changed the fingering placement  so that they go as close as they fit,
for issue <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2764>

It looks like your custom fingering stencil has a faked (shifted) extent
so that it lines up as you wish.  The fingering will fit, but its faked
extent interferes with the stem.  If I narrow the faked extent a bit, the
fingering slides down along the stem.