Re: context and lilypond

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: context and lilypond
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:05:58 +0100

On 20 Jan 2013, at 12:45 , Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

Move?

The snippet buffers are just numbered, so if you insert one before the first, all others will get re-rendered, too.
I guess we could change that behaviour, e.g. use keywords or some UID per buffer.
I’ll discuss that with Aditya (author of t-filter).

Could you use the md5? In one of the temporary files it is already stored, so it is calculated (file xxx.tmp.md5 contains the md5 hash of xxx.tmp which is a lilypond source-file, stored in the temporary directory)

If the files are not numbered (sequentially) but named according to the md5 hash there should be no need to re-render any already done piece of code after any move. Disadvantage would be that with many changes (of a piece of Lilypond code) lots of different files will float around (because a change of the md5 will loose view on the original one). But that can be solved by some regular cleaning.

Greetlings, Hraban

Regards,
Wim.

---