Re: function for a certain number of barrests

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: function for a certain number of barrests
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:45:21 +0100

Dear Joram,
thanks for Your explanation!
It is for a global variable.
Instead of writing
global = {  \time 4/4 s1*4 \time 3/2 s2.*3 }
I can do
 global = { \fourquarterbarskip #4 \threequarterbarskip #3 }
If You have a lot of bar changes, I think, it means fewer key-strokes.
Off course I should find  shorter commands, but this is not the problem.
Again: thanks to You and David!
Dear Stefan,

#(cons … ) is already scheme. There is no need for the $ in it:

fourquarterBarrest = #(define-music-function (parser location x) (number?)
  #{ % in der folgenden Zeile Lilypondcode eingeben
    \scaleDurations #(cons x 1) { s1 }
  #})

Two other questions:
1) Is it on purpose that you put the \time 4/4 in there?
2) What should the function do more than a simple s1*5?

Cheers,
Joram