Re: Lilypond compile with no midi output

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Lilypond compile with no midi output
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 11:38:32 +0100

Il 02/02/2013 20:42, Javier Ruiz-Alma ha scritto:
Well, a "no-midi" compile option was my better hope, but another option to
improve my situation

would be if one could set the file prefix name of midi file within the midi
block of each score:

\midi{

        \set Midi.FilePrefix = "lesson2"

}

This way, when I compile the individual lesson2.ily, I get lesson2.midi, and

when compiling book.ly, the .midi's from each separate score are named with
unique stated prefixes,

instead of the generic book.mid, book-1.mid, book-2.mid.

Each score can't be a book, as it's included in a book.
So you can't use boookOutputSuffix or bookOutputName:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/output-file-names#index-_005cbookOutputName

You probably want to ask for the same feature for bookpart, i.e.
bookpartOutputName and bookpartOutputSuffix

--
Federico