Re: A must-see for anybody on this list

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: A must-see for anybody on this list
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:39:26 +0100

On 02/10/2013 09:08 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
No it doesn’t ;-)

I know it's _not_ Lilypond, but it does appear to share some similarities.

It’s SCORE, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCORE_(software)

Doesn't look like SCORE markup to me:
http://www.ccarh.org/courses/253/handout/scoreinput/

It’s about as similar to LilyPond as LinoSetting is to TeX - both are just
command based typesetting systems, but the syntax differs like between two
programming languages.

Of course the syntax is different from Lilypond -- but similar in a number of interesting ways. More so than what I've seen of SCORE. One evident difference is that attachments to notes -- articulations, slurs -- come _before_ the note in this markup, instead of after as in Lilypond.

If the commentary is anything to go by, this was an internally-developed product of Henle -- I was curious if anyone knew anything more.