Re: LSR for two opposing fermatas fails on staff change

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Re: LSR for two opposing fermatas fails on staff change
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:19:38 +0000

Xavier Scheuer writes:

> On 10 February 2013 09:43, Javier Ruiz-Alma <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The LSR for typesetting two opposing fermatas above/below a barline will not
>> produce desired result when voices converge on one staff.  Suggest adding a
>> note
>> of this, or better yet, how one could overcome this.
>>
>> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=10
>>
>> (snip)
>>

> I use Neil's "multi-mark-engraver"
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html
> and so far I never encountered any side-effect.

Thanks for the workaround, Xavier.

> PS: I do not think a limitation in a LSR snippet that is AFAIK not part
> of LilyPond official documentation could qualify as a bug.

Xavier is correct; we don't take bug reports for the Lilypond Snippet
Repository. I think the best approach is to write a snippet and post to
lilypond-user to announce it.

> But adding "multi-mark-engraver" features in LilyPond by default could
> (should?) be considered as a nice feature request.

Agreed. I was surprised to discover that there was no existing tracker
for this; it comes up pretty often on the lists and in my own engraving.

Added new enhancement tracker, see:

Colin.

--
Colin Hall