Re: A must-see for anybody on this list

From: Luca Rossetto Casel
Subject: Re: A must-see for anybody on this list
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:21:49 +0100

Il 14/02/2013 13:36, David Kastrup ha scritto:
For commercial viability, LilyPond is lacking two mechanisms: a) a reliable and scaleable mechanism to make individual problems go away by manual labor. WYSIWYG systems offer that. I think that Frescobaldi tries offering a bit of that as well.

I appreciate very much the absolute precision of fine tuning adjustemnts offered by the 'manual' way of editing on LilyPond - I work a lot on slurs and ties with \shape and/or \override control points, to refinish my scores - and I also like very much Frescobaldi, surely my favorite editor. Nevertheless, I find very interesting the possibility of redesigning slurs in a graphical way, moving and setting the control points in a WYSIWYG window, of LilyPondTool on jEdit. I think that a similar feature on Frescobaldi - especially if extended to other elements of notation, as the alignment of scripts and dynamics, and the extension of spanners - could really speed up the finishing process... and a wider diffusion of LilyPond.

Luca

--
Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Ami l'arte e vuoi arredare casa con stile? Su MisterCupido.com puoi acquistare
le RIPRODUZIONI DEI QUADRI di: Van Gogh, Monet, Klimt, Modigliani, Cezanne,
Hayez, Michelangelo, Raffaello, ecc
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12386&d=14-2