Re: Removing Fingering_engraver

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Removing Fingering_engraver
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 04:09:28 +0100

Nick Payne <address@hidden> writes:

> <c-4>4 c-4
>
> then if I use
>
> \remove "New_fingering_engraver"
>
> it removes the fingering on the first C (i.e. the chord) and leaves
> the fingering on the second. If I use
>
> \remove "Fingering_engraver"
>
> it doesn't remove the fingering on either note.

Yes, it does.  And since the Fingering_engraver no longer listens to
fingering events, the rhythmic-event-iterator does not remove it from
the note any more for broadcasting, and the New_fingering_engraver
pitches in.

You'll see by the placement algorithm (that of New_fingering_engraver is
more focused on the notehead than the Fingering_engraver) that
Fingering_engraver has had a replacement with a different style working.

> If I use both the \remove commands then it removes the fingering on
> both notes. So it seems one can remove the fingering from chorded
> notes, or from all notes, but not just from unchorded notes.

Remove the Fingering_engraver, _and_ add a dummy engraver listening to
fingering events and ignoring them.  Then New_fingering_engraver will
not feel compelled taking over.

--
David Kastrup