Nested include question

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Nested include question
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:28:37 +0100

Hi all,

thanks to answers on this list I managed to set up a 'compilation engine' that works somewhat like in the attached minimal example. (The actually used function compileScore is more complex and creates different output based on several conditions.)

\compileScore takes a \score {}, then creates a \book{} object from it, injecting another include (test-include.ily) and then passes this object to \writeScore.

It works nearly perfect, but there is one thing that puzzles me:
The line " #(set-global-staff-size 14)" from test-include.ily doesn't have any effect, whil the other Scheme expressions and the header from the include file work.
If I include the file directly (uncomment the line towards the end of the file) the staff size is changed as I expect.

Is there anything special about #(set-global-staff-size) that makes it behave differently from other top-level expressions? Or is this a bug?
The main question is: How can I set the global staff size from a file included that way (that's necessary because \compileScore includes different style sheets based on a custom score-type variable)?

Thanks for any help
Urs