Re: lilypond-book

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:09:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, David Kastrup wrote:

Well, you obviously have a non-working /bin/lilypond for some reason.
Figure out where you got that first and try whether you can't get rid of
it.  And try to figure out what version of LilyPond you are using
instead usually.

I have done some experiments, and something strange is going on.
But lilypond-book is not the real problem.

My guess is that it has something to do with changes made since (if I remember correctly) Fedora 17. I understand there is no longer any difference between /bin and /usr/bin.

If I type "which lilypond" in my terminal "/bin/lilypond" is returned.

And I can type any of:
lilypond -v
/bin/lilypond -v
/usr/bin/lilypond -v

with the same normal result

But strange things start to happen only when I try to compile a lilypond input file.

OK: lilypond foo.ly
OK: /usr/bin/lilypond foo.ly
ERROR: /bin/lilypond foo.ly

Only the last command fails:

        ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path

And that's what happens when I try to run lilypond-book.

Maybe someone can understand and/or explain and/or fix what is happening here ?

--

MT