Re: Is there an easy solution to across voice slurs

From: james
Subject: Re: Is there an easy solution to across voice slurs
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:16:36 +0100

On Feb 25, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Derek wrote:

> Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give this a go tomorrow. I guess I
> didn't really understand what the \\ thing did so I will have to do a bit
> more reading and perhaps clean up the code I have it is rife with \\. It is
> starting to make sense though. Thank you for the help everyone

Because <<{}\\{}>> is one of the more complicated lilypond concepts, the
decision was made to leave it out of the learning manual, as that's just
supposed to introduce you to how lilypond works. Section 1.5.2 of the Notation
Reference goes into further depth about the difference between
<<{\voiceOne}\new Voice {\voiceTwo}>>\oneVoice and <<{}\\{}>>. Seeing as how
you're now having these kinds of problems, I would suggest taking some time to
read that section carefully and figure out the differences and advantages of
each.