Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 11:06:48 +0100

Il 07/03/2013 20:06, David Kastrup ha scritto:
The idea is that \relative { ... } (namely \relative used without an
explicit reference pitch) uses the first note inside as the reference
pitch.

I like this idea, as it makes the input a bit cleaner.

For those of us who are used to the old way, it may seem confusing, since we are used to think that all the notes inside the relative block are relative to the absolute note _outside_ the block. But this new idea looks straightforward to me and I think that new users will understand it immediately.

--
Federico