Re: Aligning 'to Coda' rehearsal marks

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Aligning 'to Coda' rehearsal marks
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:54:18 +0100

2013/3/14 Jim Long <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 02:09:37AM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> below some code, which should do what you want.
>
> Wow, Harm, this is truly outstanding, more than I could have
> hoped for.

Glad I could help

> I'll play with this some more, but at first glance,
> it performs well in three different staff sizes that I tried.

If the calculation is correct, it will work with _all_ staff-sizes.

> I'll try to work this into something that could become part of
> the snippet repository.

Actually, the function is an abstract of a larger one, trying to achieve
a) combination and alignment of various markups and/or \mark\default
without disturbing a markFormatter.
b) the possibility to stack the markups vertical or horizontal.
c) different marks at line-end and line-begin with individual alignment.

It was the attempt to get an alternative to Neil's multi-mark-engraver
http://old.nabble.com/Nice-workaround-for-simultaneous-rehearsal-marks-%E2%80%93-thanks-Neil!-td32212763.html
without the necessity to rearrange engravers.

Well, in the end I puzzled myself by trying to deal with too many variables.

Until now I couldn't motivate myself to clean up/improve the code to
get a really working function.
Perhaps I should return to it. ;)

... after finishing some other work I promised to do ...

Regards,
  Harm