Removing Empty Stave

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Removing Empty Stave
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:16:16 +0000

Hello

I have managed to remove empty staffs with:

     \context {
      \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
    }

but now I have a staff that doesn't disappear.
I imagine that's because the last measure is shared between a line where the measure is empty (and I expected it to be removed), and the next line, where the measure has a note.

Probably the solution is to force that measure to be divided in two measures...

but why not ask: is there any detail I might be forgetting?

Thank you
Alberto