Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:50:19 +0100

Am 26.03.2013 21:35, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> I think Lilypond should offer as many options as possible, so that the
> user/engraver can make the choice.

I'd like to second that. I think that’s some outcome of the discussion:

1.) There should be a switch to choose whether tied altered notes have
accidentals after a line break.

and
2.) Additional notes with the same pitch in this first bar after the
break should have accidentals according to the accidental style (i.e. no
repeated accidental in the default style).

and perhaps not (yet) consensus, but my suggestion:
3.) The "classical" style (with the accidental in question) should be
default for 1.) as LP mostly sticks to classical conventions for the
default of many options.

Joram